Send and Receive Messages
Messages in Webex are where you chat with coworkers, exchanging content and ideas. You may send a message directly to a coworker or to a space you created. To send a message directly to a coworker:
- Select a person from your spaces list.
- Click the message area and then type your message. You can include files, add personality with emojis or animated GIFs, and also add formatting or Markdown to make your messages stand out or be easier to read.
- Press Enter to send your message.
You will be notified when a new message arrives by a pop-up window in the corner of your screen. To open this message:
- Click on the pop-up notification.
- This will bring you directly to the message space.
- From your People Spaces list area, locate the bolded items also with a dot. This shows you have a new message from a coworker or space.
- Click on the bolded space to access the new messages.
Send a File
You can share most types of files, with the largest file size being 2 GB. You can also preview documents without downloading them first. Acceptable file types: .doc, .docx, .gif, .jpeg, .pdf, .png, .ppt, .pptx, .xls, and .xlsx.
They are multiple way to send or share a file, here are a few ways:
- Drag and drop the file into the message area.
- Press Enter to send the file.
- You can also click the Attachment icon within the message area.
- This will bring up your system dialog box where you can select and upload the file.
- Press Enter to send a file.
- Lastly, you can click Screen capture to select a part of your screen to capture.
- Then, press Enter to send the file.